ICA called to inform me to come down personally to do my IC since my thumbprint is unclear.
The first thing I thought to myself was whether this call is genuine. We have all heard of scams involving ICA. Should be legit lah, coz the caller didn't ask me to transfer any money.
Who knew the consequences of that skin sloughing period when I was 12 years old could come back to haunt me?
Not a big deal, I have to go collect my passport anyway.
Doctor's appointment coming up. Perfect.
Finished my super early morning doctor's appointment. Zombiefied.
Decided to try lunch at the vicinity of ICA. Get it out of the way before the lunch crowd. The area looks rather quiet. I have always imagined it to be busier since it's quite near town. A coffeeshop under a nearby flat cluster looked decent. Ordered bak kut teh. Not bad. Just thought it was unusual for a Filipino to be manning the stall... is she the maid or owner?
Haha sorry so discriminatory.
Took a little spin around the neighborhood. Hardware shops are a fresh change. Apart from that, the area is pretty dead.
Went back to ICA to get my IC done first.
When it was my turn, I was told that the thumbprint scanner was not wheelchair accessible. If I had told the caller that I am in a wheelchair, I wouldn't need to come down already. Huh what special machine, put at what special place? In the end, the staff told me that they will make my IC using my online application and I can have lunch first and come back later.
But I already had my lunch :\
Father suggested that I get my passport first. Can meh? My appointment is later wor.
Hey they did entertain me! Had to scan my thumbprint like last time. Made me wonder why the IC department couldn't...
Went home with my spanking new identification documents!

No comments:
Post a Comment