Thursday, March 28, 2013

Farewell & Visit to Office

This week, my laptop gave me a health scare. The fan became damn noisy for no reason. I thought that was the harddisk. Phew. Anyway, it became a reason to retire the aging machine.

It so happened that my team was having farewell lunch at Casuarina Curry Restaurant. I could go to office later to pick up my new laptop.

Took a cab there. Luckily I did, as it meant that I was using my manual wheelchair. The entrance of the restaurant has a kerb. Boy, the restaurant has at least doubled in size since the last time I was here in... possibly 2001/2002 with my JC class on National Day? At that time, it was just a single-unit kopitiam with no aircon!

My colleagues saved me a seat at the end of the table, but far from the people I would rather sit with :| I ordered a pineapple cheese prata and teh-c peng. Luckily I didn't order meat, because my colleagues ordered some meat for sharing. Stuffed! I'm amazed by the appetite of N, who just had a baby. After murtabak, she had briyani! How I wished I have that capacity too!

It's a farewell for 2 guys, one of whom I was meeting for the first time. Really hi and bye lor.

After lunch, I cabbed to office with Father and N. Super hard to hail a cab! No idea what's with the scarcity. Melting under the heat!

The last time I was here was almost 1 year ago. I picked up my spanking new laptop. Spent an eternity at the technician's desk while he encrypted it. Haiii encrypt what lor.

Then I spent the rest of the afternoon installing stuff off the network. Faster this way.

Tried finding my keyboard and mousepad to no avail :(

Tried to hail a cab to go home in the evening. Again, what's with the scarcity?? Almost wanted to give up and take MRT. We need another fare hike.

No comments: