Some Time In June
Got to do something about the leave-taking.
During the last review with my therapists in June, I raised the question of stopping OT. They disagreed, saying if I wanted to stop something, PT should be the one to go. But no way am I going to give up walking. Let's remain status quo here.
On a side note, just strange that they could let some other OT do the review with me just because my regular OT was on leave!
I explored the possibility of taking up private therapy at night or weekends. Even private rates will still be worth it if it means taking one half day leave less. And not forgetting that I'm paying the full rate here *hmpf*
I asked my OT, M for her opinion. She agreed with me.
19/9
OT is easier to replace since I don't need a gym. But not many private therapy doing odd hours... I approached J for help and she gave me a friend's friend's contact for private OT @ Redefind Therapy Centre.
Googled their location. Uh, Ubi! If I had to go down... at least still a bit near MRT.
Fired off a phone call. An angmoh-sounding lady picked up. She listened to my requirements and said she would get the OT to call me back.
More eager to dump my regular OT sessions when M has been transferred to another location, so she wouldn't be seeing me anymore. That guy with a resting black face will be taking over. Nothing to say to him that time he covered for her. Boo. Give M back to me. Post-change depression.
22/9
So many days have passed, that I thought I have been forgotten. I know it's just been 3 days, but it's business ley! A guy called AL smsed me. I called him back and we discussed. Their centre is full for weekends and the waiting list is long. He proposed home therapy instead. What a good idea! What's even cooler (for him) is that he actually lives nearby, so he didn't mind coming at night.
26/9
AL came at 7.30pm. A plump guy. Thought therapists should keep fit to look more convincing XD
He assessed my condition and enquired my current OT arrangement. He discovered that Some People Died have been allowing me exercise with my left arm unsupported. Very bad, he said.
He assessed the furniture in my room. He suggested attaching 2 Therabands to the wall clothes hanger for arm exercise. I could also use a hand cycle machine, but unfortunately there was no platform of suitable height in my room.
He also recommended an electrical stimulator to "awaken" the sleeping muscles. I think my current therapy centre has it but they didn't let me use it. Wonder why? Not suitable? I told him I would think about it.
One hour flew past and that was all he has for me. He didn't ask for payment but I insisted (WHY??). So I paid him, $50 (I think).
27/9
This evening, AL smsed me the cost of the electrical stimulator - $179.75 after GST. I asked him for the model, to which he replied,
"Aiyo it's down stairs in the car..."
"Apex digi myo ems"
Huh! He assumed that I would be getting it!! Since when did I agree? I don't mind getting it, but just don't like how he pushed stuff over like he gets commission. Maybe he does.
28/9
His wife dropped by my house early in the morning to pass me the electrical digi myo and 2 red therabands. I didn't have the cash at such a short notice (actually I didn't bother to check). He would see me after 9 Oct, after his trip to Malaysia.
Uh, so what... am I supposed to use this electrical stimulator or does he have to show me how? I played around with it and concluded that I was doing it wrong. Back into the box it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment