26/7
As informed last month, there was going to be a revised fee schedule for my therapy, which would unfortunately, result in an increase in my fees. Wham!
At the same time, MOH has a new subsidy framework. I could submit my details to request for a reassessment. I gave it a shot, but today, I had to be disappointed.
Not surprising, not surprising at all.
8/8
I decided to appeal. The social worker passed me the forms.
Her words:
Once you agree to submit the Financial Assistance Declaration Form, you allow MOHH to release the information to me; hence I will be able to know your family’s income details. From there, then I will assess to see if I can help you apply for subsidy.
Is this how financial assistance assessment is done? Although I am truly going to take no-pay-leave for therapy, all these have not shown up on my financial statements yet. I will still have surpluses every month even on a no-pay-leave month. Bank balances are still healthy (if these get demanded for later). Revealing so much intimate details of not just yourself, but dragging my family along, for something I deem myself to be unlikely to qualify for. What a hassle.
I decided not to pursue the appeal.
Today
$14.50 more, due to removal of a subsidy from the centre.
Since it's removal of subsidy and not increase in therapy fee, should I call it "reverting to normal fees" instead of fee increase?

No comments:
Post a Comment