Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sneaky Stanchart

7/8/12
Just when I was about to pay my hospital bill, Stanchart disrupted my plan by sending a threat letter dated 4/8/12.

PRE-CANCELLATION WARNING
Please note that we have yet to receive any payment from you despite our earlier communications.

It is imperative that you make an immediate payment of SGD X to avoid adversely affecting your records with the Credit Bureau.

If payment is not received within 5 days from the date of this letter, we regret that we may be required to cancel your credit facilities. The full outstanding balance will have to be settled immediately with the return of all your cards. Please also note that in this event, all other banking facilities granted by our Bank to you, whether jointly or severally with any other third party, shall be recalled and terminated.

Please note that in the meantime, all banking facilities granted by our bank to you are suspended with immediate effect. Please refrain from making payment to any third parties from any of your banking facilities with our bank including, but not limited to, the above facility. For the avoidance of doubt, we hereby notify you that our bank shall not be liable for any claims howsoever arising from any attempts by you to effect payment to any third party(ies), our aforesaid notice notwithstanding.

Please call us at 6508 1969/ 6508 1957 immediately, to advise on payment.

If payment has already been made, please disregard this letter.

Collections Department
Consumer Banking

WTF! Since when I owe them so much money? I haven't even received any bill from them, so how would I know that I have something outstanding? And hello! Your letter took 3 days to reach me ok? Then 5 days from 4/8/12 is National Day, you think you will be around to pick up my call is it? Effectively, I only have 1 day to make the call.

What a bad time for this shit. I need my Manhattan card! *ROAR*

I'm gonna scold them upside down tomorrow. Just you wait.


8/8/12
I practically bombed the 2 lines but I could never get through either. 1 is forever engaged, the other 1 is ring till it died. Don't even have the decency to install an answering machine. Must be the person on long weekend or too many people owe money.

Ok give up. Now, to let Stanchart know that I have tried my best, I called customer service. WTF is going on?

The CSO claimed that I have signed up for estatement.

I did? But my Manhattan bill is still arriving by mail and actually so have the bills for my other Stanchart cards.

She just repeated that according to their records, I have estatement, so I will not receive hardcopy bills.

Ok fine. Let's say I really have estatement. I have never received any notification about my bill being ready. How would I know?

She replied that I have to login to Stanchart to check.

Yes sounds convenient. So am I expected to login EVERYDAY to check whether my bill is ready? Why can't they notify me like other banks do already? By sms or email, which they obviously already have (since I receive spam from them)?

She replied that email notification is separate.

Damn BS ley this CSO.
Check out the screenshots. What separate email notification?

I didn't want to go there as I wasn't logged in to internet banking, thus no hard proof. I just exclaimed that their system is unacceptably complicated and user-unfriendly compared to other banks. Does it even make sense to have to sign up separately for email notification? Makes more sense to make it opt-out, isn't it? I mean, who wouldn't want it? And I'm sure signing up for email notification wasn't part of the workflow and I wasn't prompted to do so if I had indeed missed it. It's a design flaw and customers should not be penalized for it.

She said she just helped to sign me up for email notifications. She would also check on my account and somebody will call back in 3 working days.

Ok job done. She said estatements right? Logged in to check. O yaaa got a transaction from March. Started out as $65.56 and snowballed to $224.38 by the end of July.

Wow! How do people survive owing money to credit cards?


21/8/12
Nobody called me until today. I thought that after so long, they must have sorted things out. I was wrong.

Stanchart called just to issue me another threat. The lady said in a firm voice that I must pay the bill in full by this evening or else the bank shall auto cancel my account and report to credit bureau.

FUCK YOU!

Damn it, what have they been doing the past 2 weeks? So all my talktime to the CSO has been in vain? To think that I thought they were doing their due diligence!

I informed her that I have called the CSO and she has promised to look into it, in case she does't know yet. Before I get my feedback, I cannot be expected to pay for their mistake.

She backed down immediately to offer a deal. Pay my original charge of $65.56 by this evening and they will waive off the late charges.

So she did know about my case with the CSO! She's trying to pull a fast one on me! Damn jian can!!!

Ok fine. All I want is for them to waive the charges and move on.

No comments: