When I reached, W was having lunch at the foodcourt. No wonder he said nevermind.
The clinic is very cramp, just nice for my wheelchair. Enjoyed a very gentle treatment for my
Walked around Yew Tee Point. Quite a boring suburb mall. Took MRT to City Hall. When was the last time I saw this above ground scenery? University days? Probably longer.
Actually, it was almost gathering time for... my first Singapore Flyer ride, kindly sponsored by a self-help organization. It's free for 1 caregiver and $10 for each additional immediate family member, an opportunity for a family outing! I have promised myself to ride only when all the construction in the area is completed. So now it's almost all done and FREE, I jumped at it.
Entering the Singapore Flyer premises wasn't very convenient for a wheelchair with the road blockages due to NDP rehearsal.
Why we were made to gather so early at 4pm? Well, it's for marking attendance and to play games! :O Kena reminded of why I disliked the association's gatherings. Networking is not my forte and the same goes for playing silly games. I would so rather that we gathered at a later time and go straight to the point. And my family wasn't very on either, all stand far far away!
Today was the NDP rehearsal. Previewed the marching contingents at close proximity.
I must have really hated the games because I can't recall what we did. Only recalled the last game where we had to form a group and do a treasure hunt. Can't even remember hunt for what LOL. I do remember that my family ended up going to the toilet and buying ice-cream from 7-11.
Take-away dinner was prepared for all the participants. Ehh don't want can?? Come here all the way to eat 饭盒, pathetic ley. The food must be bad enough for me to bar access to my memory. I only remembered the bottled water.
Finally could board the capsule when the sky was darkening. 3hrs wasted doing crappy things when it could have been better spent shopping. The price for a free ride? I will seriously reconsider participating in organized events again...
It's fantastic that Singapore Flyer is 100% wheelchair-accessible. The capsule is spacious enough for powered chairs. What beautiful scenery! Bird's eye view of Gardens By The Bay, NDP rehearsal and the numerous ships parked at sea. Even got to view the early fireworks while we were at the top! How lucky! Too bad the ride ended before the fireworks finale.
No pictures! Because I don't know where they are.
Ok, some I've been there, done that. The Singapore Flyer is now classified under something I wouldn't spend to do again. No wonder it's having financial hardship *oops*
Some of the participants stayed back to watch the fireworks finale. My family and I were very anti-social - we headed for dinner at Singapore Food Trail, my budget birthday dinner! Still, it's overpriced hawker food. Overall still good lah. The rojak is VERY DELICIOUS wor~
The day is far from over. Next up, walk over to Marina Square to catch The Amazing Spider-Man!
This Spiderman is more of an irritating haolian vigilante. Too many incredible
8/10

No comments:
Post a Comment