Monday, April 16, 2012

Therapy Rants

New client sharing transport with me. A lady who looked to be in her 30s with a bad leg. Although the transport plays the English station sometimes, she die die must broadcast her own songs from her phone. Gosh. Really don't get these people.

New patients get more attention from the therapists. Feeling neglected.

My PT, S, hinted that I stop the PT sessions, but continue with the OT sessions. I begged to differ. Being able to stand is still more important as it would make my life so much easier. I could go back to office and everybody's life can go back to normal.

S then hinted that this goal isn't very achievable and that I should lower my expectations. Erm erm lower the KPI so that the goal can be reached faster??

I agree standing is really hard and not achievable in the near future, so I changed the goal to "able to transfer instead". With this, I am continuing my PT sessions too.

I wished S would stop hinting and just be a little more direct.

I mentioned that when I plan to take a cab, I use the manual wheelchair. S suggested using the London cab.

YOU SIAO AH? $50 per trip, you think I rich izzit? This promotion of self-reliance knows no bounds. Also, there are words taking London cabs out of service.

I just said it was expensive. Might as well take MRT.

Pegs and balls are sticky. Bleah. Must go wash my hands straight after my session. How often do they get cleaned? Or is it just a few dirty clients?

No comments: