Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cure For the Wrist

5 months on, my left wrist is still hurting. Should get some help already.

I expected Western doctors to just prescribe painkillers, so I decided to try TCM instead.

I went to the Ma Kuang clinic near my house after lunch. Impressed that it's open on a Sunday. The long wait was spent looking at my slow phone and staring at a machine that churns out single-dose sachets of powdered Chinese medicine. Every patient gets some. Must be some generic cure-all.

Falling asleep... would have gone for some teh peng at the kopitiam nearby if they toilet had been suitable.

Finally my turn. A lady physician was on duty. Gave a brief history of my condition and transferred to the treatment bed next to the consultation table. She stuck needles into the problem area and connected them to electrodes. Got an hour's shut-eye.

Done... Advised to stay off cold drinks. Not likely to comply considering the warm weather these days... Told to return next week.

Got my sachets. Mix with water and drink twice a day. And some medicated plaster, like the Salonpas kind, Ma Kuang formula. Shelled out $92.80. Heart pain!

Feeling slightly better! I will be back :)

No comments: