Start compressing my non-essential medical appointments... got to start conserving leaves and MCs for the numerous check-ups and eventual hospitalization.DONE! So proud of myself *V*- Read up on my company's leave policy... I know nothing except the basics! Erm... too busy at work! This can wait.
Google Dr L.Found some publications to his name, should be ok ba. Nothing negative found.- Google about the surgery. ...Didn't do :X
Think of when to tell my boss.When I have the surgery date.
Back to see Dr L to inform him of my decision. Now we can fix the big day. He suggested late May.
WHAT? That's like next month? I don't want to (potentially) spend my birthday in hospital or be trapped at home! I still want to go Brotzeit!
”Huh? No! I haven't had enough fun.”
He asked if I believed in ghosts.
”No...?”
Why did he ask?
O!
”But my mother does, so cannot.”
There are less elective surgeries during Hungry Ghosts Festival, so theoretically, the hospital staff should be freer and hence translate into better care for me. But my mum would probably think that human intervention is of no match to the supernatural.
Dr L had to look into his calender again. The next date was 28 September.
5 months to enjoy... reasonable. On!
I couldn't sign the consent yet as it was still more than 3 months away.
Dr L rattled off the items to order, which the same hassled MO scribbled away. Some screws thing. Must be expensive.
I haven't consented ley, so fast order, later I don't want, how? Now you guys can hope that I don't fly plane!
Dr L rattled off the tests to order for me while I watched the MO trying to catch up on the SAP system. 可怜...
Ok, when shall I break it to my boss?
As I exited the consultation room, it dawned upon me that I had done myself a huge favor. June/July is the bonus and increment season! I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize it. You see, when I was in my second job, I had an ex-colleague who gave 2 months notice to leave his position although only 1 month was required. Don't ask me why he was so extra, but he did it anyway. The HR promptly converted him to contract staff. I never knew conversion to perm is a reversible process.
I trust my RO not to play dirty on me, but the same cannot be said about the others, such as her boss and the HR. I'm going to be a liability when I'm on leave. So, I won't be telling my boss just yet then. Maybe after the $$ is safely in my pocket.
Then, I went to see the social worker to see if I would qualify for any aid. I'm sure I won't, but I will just try my luck.
I had to fill in a questionnaire detailing my family's finances and also provide documentary evidence. I promised to email the stuff over once I'm done.
Looked at the form and felt damn sian. Need to fill in the family's income, bank statements and monthly expenses. Walau sure cannot make it lor. No wonder J was telling me about having to stash money away in a secret bank account. Too late for that already, sure will show up in the bank statement :\
No comments:
Post a Comment