Thursday, April 21, 2011

Straighten-A-Sotong Part VII

First time taking a CT scan. While waiting for my turn, I saw other patients drinking something that looked yucky. Must be some contrasting agent. Heng I didn't have to take it.

It was a long, boring wait. So long that I thought they might ask me to return tomorrow.

Asked me to do stunt lor. Lie with my arms above my head, parallel to my body. I think in the end I just put them behind my head. Almost couldn't enter the doughnut...

Then took some x-rays. Did the BMD test.

Today's damage:
X-ray:
 Bmd, Hip & Lumbar spine  $130.00
 CT - Spine (2 Areas)  $525.00
 CT - 3D Reconstruction  $300.00

Total $955.00!!!
Fortunately after subsidy, it's only $155.00. Otherwise next stop would be A&E followed by Heart Centre. How do private patients bite the bullet and keep it down?

What a radioactive day.

No comments: