Amazingly, he said I was operable despite my condition and he being inexperienced in cases like me. He proceeded to explain why I should get it done and how it would be done. Bones from A to B will be fused, some might be broken in the process (eeks!). Ear in ear out... XD
When I expressed concern about the cost, he said I could see the social worker.
Wow. The pole opposite from Took Their Savings Hospital. Hmm. Imagined if I hadn't bothered to come!
He examined me and wanted to take the Before photo, before I even decided whether to go ahead with the surgery or not. Of course, I was reluctant and gave the ”huh” look. Was it even appropriate? I felt as if I was the perfect specimen. Nothing new to me, but this was happening too fast.
He assured that I wouldn't be identifiable. Fine then. Trust his photography skills lor. The chaperons were 2 female medical students. Free labor? Heehee!
I said I would have to think about it.
Dr L rattled off the stuff required for the surgery that would need to be ordered while the MO scribbled them down in a frenzy. Slow a bit, Dr L got impatient. Wa tough to work under him eh... Feeling sorry for the MO already.
What I caught gave me a shock - I was going to need implants that cost about $30,000.
Wtf! Implants alone $30k! Almost fell off my chair. Plus everything else then how much liao?
It was a super long wait, like almost 2hrs, to get the appointments for the various tests to check my suitability for surgery. Got MRI lah, ECG lah, CT scan, as if I'm having all the scans possible! Just hope I have enough leave for them all.
I got an appointment 2 weeks later to inform Dr L of my decision. Actually, I could have told him there and then, but let's pretend that I still needed to think about it. I should, really.
And I was off to Nex for the first time. Impression: F&B everywhere!
My to-do list from next week:
- Start compressing my non-essential medical appointments... got to start conserving leaves and MCs for the numerous check-ups and eventual hospitalization.
- Read up on my company's leave policy... I know nothing except the basics!
- Google Dr L.
- Google about the surgery.
- Think of when to tell my boss.
No comments:
Post a Comment