Hawaiian BBQ (2006/11/19)
It's at Turf City, beside 7-11. They only open at night. Went there for my father's birthday. He was having a bad stomach but didn't tell us -_-
The shop looked very dark. I thought it looked closed, but the tables and chairs outside were a tell-tale. The shop is their kitchen. No aircon, but got fan.
It's a buffet but the different thing is they bbq the food and bring to you in platters. If you like certain food, you can order more of it.
Food (that i can remember) All food are bbq-ed, except the obvious like soup:
- Chips (fish and chips that kind of chips), fried breaded fish fingers. The fish fingers is GOOD.
- Garlic bread, Mushroom soup with mushroom in it. It's not the salty starchy cheapo kind. Of coz not high class like Marche lah, but I grade it above average.
- Pasta. Scared will be too full so I din eat. I think the noodle looked like linguine, don't really fancy it.
- Lamb chop (tastes a bit like satay)
- Hot dogs. Although it's the canned kind, they still bbq till VERY NICE! Must be the bbq sauce
- Chicken. They only served thigh and wings, suit my taste perfectly. The meat is very well marinated. This is the best dish IMO.
- Dory (yummy!), squid, prawns
- Corn, mushroom, onion, caspicum
- Bbq Banana with melted cheese. I don't eat bananas but I ate it!!!
- Bbq apples
- Iced pineapple tea, refillable. There's a huge slice of pineapple at the tall glass which made it very holiday-like. Maybe the pineapple juice was supposed to diffuse into the tea.
4 people ate, after all the +++ and 1-for-1 promotion, it was about $89. Very worth it! The good thing is that it's not crowded at all, good for a bunch of friends to meet and pig out, provided you can be bothered to get your ass there. But the bad thing is that it means business is not optimistic and I won't expect it to be around for too long.
Photos? What photos? *busy attacking food*
Verdict: Can repeat visit.
Ramen Ramen (2007/01/05)
I heard about their cheese ramen and I was sort of craving for ramen, so I went to the branch at Atrium@Orchard with W and J.
My evil colleague told me that I have a deadline on the following Monday and it was advisable not to miss it, so I left office 30min later than planned. Not that I've finished my work. It's Friday and I don't care.
I ordered mushroom ramen with cheese. It came with the corner of a slice of cheddar cheese peeking out of the soup. A bit disappointed since I was expecting something really cheesy :| Aiyoh! If I had known, I would have brought my own cheese instead of paying $1 for it. I stirred the soup to melt the cheese, which disappeared into the already-milky soup. Couldn't really taste it liao. But the soup was good, much better than Ajisen's sodium-laden version. I could have drunk all of it. The noodle neither melted in the soup nor stuck to my teeth. So is that considered good? Don't know how to comment on springyness.
Nah, photo!
Only remembered to take after I finished the ramen. This is my 2nd cup of green tea...
Bill for 3, affordable I must say.
Their free ramen card. So blur lor, never print the phone number! And when they have to use red, of all colors, to fill it in. Surely blue or black are more common?
Verdict: Can repeat visit.
Misc
BK cappucino. Like that lor. I took the 3 sticks of trans-fat-full creamer home.
No comments:
Post a Comment