Sunday, January 07, 2007

Botak Jones @ Clementi

Birthday dinner for S at a... coffeeshop! Turn up was small, 6, including 1 unexpected but welcomed guest, S's boyfriend. Finally got to see his 庐山真面目. Small attendance -> small table -> can see and hear everyone, good!

The difference between Clementi and AMK is that practically everybody was eating BJ at Clementi!! At least there were still a few tables eating the tze char at AMK, which I heard is good too. As a result, the Clementi's coffeeshop was packed. Full-house. No thanks to the long waiting time. I was late but luckily I thought of getting others to buy first.

There was a very enthu auntie helper from the drinks stall who kept pestering us to get drinks although we said we would get later since we were waiting for friends and could perhaps help her save a trip. When she served the drinks, Q paid with a $10 note. The auntie grabbed a bunch of 50cent coins from a plastic bag and looked like she was going to give it to her o_O Luckily she didn't. If she did, I think we would pay BJ with them.

When everybody had gathered at the table, we couldn't attract the attention of any drink stall helpers. Even that enthu auntie bo hiu us! What to do, forced us to bully the baby of the group to buy.

The estimated waiting time for our food was 1hr. Didn't time them, but the cajun chickens came way much faster than the fish and chips. I don't know how long it takes to fry the fish. I hope they didn't marinate it only upon ordering. But it's worth the wait, because it's easily one of the best fish and chips I've ever had. Big lump of coleslaw, chips spilling out of my plate... stuffed! The chips were paler than AMK's. Dehhh.

S and Q said the cajun chicken was too spicy. Ok I don't dare to order liao. Actually I wanted to have that today ley.

The BJ helper gave us our change of 50cents when we have all but forgotten about it.

It was really nice catching up, although we just met 2 weeks ago. Considering that the last last time and last time was like 4mths apart?? Q had her braces removed for MONTHS and has turned into a 女中豪杰 on a va-va-vroom MOTORBIKE wor!

If you are thinking that I'm going around visiting all the BJs, no, I'm not.

No comments: