For the first time in my life, I got invited to a Malay wedding! It's an intern from the Jurong days. Got e-invite somemore, even Malay weddings are going high-tech! Not sure if anybody else I know will be coming, but nevermind, Brother is with me.
Rainy afternoon. It's the under the void deck kind, where the whole kampung gets invited. The walkway was very narrow and very hard to navigate. Glad that my pusher is my Brother >.<
No idea what to do at all. Do I plant myself at an available table?
Brother took me to the dais. The couple was taking accepting well-wishes and taking photos with guests! I couldn't go up to the dais, so the couple very graciously, came down instead. We took a few photos. How beautiful she was! I gave her the angpow I prepared. Forgot how much I put? $50 I think? 2 of us mah.
I learned that R, her previous TL, was invited, but I didn't see her anywhere. She asked a friend/relative to take care of me. She found me a table. I was intrigued by her undereye-liner.
The door gift was some flavoured-tea. Table decor was some flowers and... keropok?! That's something new to me. Brother went to get food. Malay food lor, a cuisine I was not fond of. But I liked the bubor chacha.
Guess what, an ex-colleague, C and her kids were at the same table! O so nice to have someone I know!
We were stranded coz it was raining rather heavily. Taxis were streaming into the carpark, but were all mysteriously "hired". C decided to take a bus instead. Brother and I tried our luck with the taxis coming in as well as GrabTaxi, but no luck. Finally, we caught a taxi that just dropped off a guest.
Back home~ Got to work overnight later zzz.
No comments:
Post a Comment