12/10
On Brother's recent trip to Hong Kong and Shenzhen with X, I took the opportunity to ask him to buy me a face steamer if he ever came across a cheap one. There are many available on Taobao, I'm sure he could find one!
And he did!
$30 for the one on top, $35 for the one below. I picked the $30 one because I think Pobling is made-in-China but claiming to be Korean.
Brother saw facewash brushes as well, but it's Pobling :\
I was hesitant. But it's $20 for a sonic brush. Ok try lor.
Couldn't wait to start using my new toys!
Pobling Facewash Brush
The Pobling brush is divided into 3 compartments - head, button and battery. This design is good in the sense that I could detach the head for washing. The battery compartment was also designed such that water couldn't breach so easily. However, I thought this is also the reason why it didn't clean very well. The battery produced vibrations, which much would have dissipated by the time they crossed 2 gaps.
The Pobling brush started misbehaving within a couple of days.
At first, a single press of the button got it going.
Then, I had to press off-centre to activate it.
Then, I had to hold the button down to maintain motion.
Then, I had to hold the button down, off-centre, almost digging in with my nail, to maintain motion.
Then, it wouldn't start. But changing the battery did the trick.
Then, it started starting by itself. I had to detach the battery compartment to prevent it from jumping off the table when I wasn't around.
Finally, after almost exactly 1 month, today, it SPOILT. Totally refused to start. None of the tricks in my bag worked anymore.
Father said the contact was badly made. Sigh! Why can't they get something as simple as that right? And it's supposed to be the third generation or something? And I recalled watching a demo video by a Taobao seller, she said need to hold the button down... so the manufacturer sent her a faulty set for review?? o_O
STAY AWAY FROM POBLING!!!
Kingdom Face Steamer
I figured that steaming my face before clay mask might help to get more dirt out, so I wanted a steamer. Actually, I didn't expect this to work beyond twice. I even asked Brother if he could test the item before purchase >.<
It's really simple to use. Add water into the container, power it up and steam blows out in seconds! More convenient than
those cover your head over steaming water crap!
After use, drain as much water out as I could, then turn on the power to boil off the residue, careful not to melt the insides. I do this because I found that it took days to dry on its own; by then, it might have grown moldy and I wouldn't want to be blowing mold-steam into my face!
I reduced the steaming to once a month when I do my extraction because I am afraid that it might be too harsh to scrub, steam and mask all in a day. And also because I'm lazy.
**It's been 1 year and the steamer is still as good as new! The switch is still working and steam is still blowing! Mother uses it too! Wayyy surpasses my expectation, for a made-in-China!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment