Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Taobao Review: The Others

I was looking for a pair of pants with these qualities:
  • length to stop at or over knees
  • loose
  • elastic waist band
  • matches with my existing tops easily
  • preferably tight ends so that they don't slide to the floor when I pull them down
  • CHEAP

Sounds stringent. How elated I was to find the perfect fit here!

Harem pants from 俊军旗舰店
咖啡色, ¥18.97, free local delivery. S$4.48 after conversion

Apart from a few thread ends that can be easily eliminated with a few scissors' snips, I'm delighted with my purchase. The item is true to the pictures. The material does not suffer from the common problem of being too thin or poor quality and workmanship that plagues most cheap online garments. In fact, this pair of pants feels rather dense. After going through a few washes and 2 months later, it still remained pretty much the same. Looks like it's here to stay!

Of course, you should take care not to stretch it excessively. Father once stretched it to the point where I could see the threads in the seams. So afraid of breaking my pet casual pants!

I'm absolutely satisfied. Highly-recommended! Buy it here: 折800秒杀休闲哈伦裤 女2013新款短裤韩版潮俊军夏显瘦大码七分裤

~~~~~
After getting pants, how about getting a new top?

Straight-cut jewels print top from 柚子美衣
¥59, free local delivery. S$20.11 after conversion

Bold, retro prints for a change. Straight cut to hide my belly. I was hesitant to get it because it's non-stretchable. The concealed zip at the back only goes barely half way down. I hope it's good enough.

When I received the top, I thought the prints didn't look as sharp as the pictures somehow. Still ok lah. The material is thick enough for me to withstand cold aircon. No loose thread, workmanship is generally good.

Almost perfect, except that I couldn't get into it! The zip didn't help :( Mother doesn't want it. I told her to donate but somehow she doesn't want to. Now it shall never see the light of day ever.

Buy it here: 2013夏装新款 韩版圆领灯笼短袖直筒版珠宝印花上衣女AF301.
Or I can give mine to you.

~~~~~
Now, something to up the class. What better way than to accessorise with some pearlies?

Pearl earrings from 1号银庄
¥36, free local delivery. S$8.49 after conversion

Cheap right! Especially when it comes with such a unique back piece. I can't tell real and artificial pearls apart, but I'm happy as long as they are free from scratches, are smooth and reflective, of regular shapes and symmetrical sizes. Workmanship looks fine, earrings do not threaten to fall apart or go out of shape upon wearing and removal.

Did I mention that the needles are hypoallergic silver? The seller even threw in an extra pair of pearl earstuds? Too bad the needles are not silver. Looks goldish, but since it can't be real gold, I will probably be allergic.

O, free rubber stoppers and cleaning cloth too. The earrings received compliments from a hotel staff when I wore them to a wedding. LIKE!

This item is no longer on sale. Check out their other items with the link above.

~~~~~
One thing leads to another. My neck needs something too.

Chokers from 爱尚韩饰
¥22, additional ¥6 local delivery. S$6.60 after conversion

¥16.90, additional ¥6 local delivery. S$5.40 after conversion

I was wary of buying cheap, shiny stuff online, because the last time round, it didn't turn out shiny and looked plain plastic. However, I decided to trust the reviews. The black one does look shiny. Happy!

The white one came with spare chains and glue. The seller must be sick of buyers sending the items back for minor defects XD

Satisfied with the buys. No chance to wear them yet. Sore with myself and Nanyanglife for not negotiating for free delivery for the second item.

Buy them here:
韩国饰品 时尚镶钻气质锁骨链 华丽丽满钻项链 新娘项链
大牌欧美街拍夸张大宝石颈链女短款锁骨复古项链镂空饰品颈链毛衣

~~~~~
Gimme moah!

Various low-cost accessories from 酷儿批发商城
Taken aback by how securely my items arrived. I had a really difficult time undoing all the scotch tape since I dislike shredding wrappers. The OCD in me.

E4120 酷儿饰品厂批发 流浪叶子 树叶多层波西米亚项链/毛衣链
¥2.75, free local delivery. S$0.65 after conversion

Ok, I really want to kick myself. I had to remove the packaging and dump it carelessly on my table. The chains promptly entangled and I couldn't undo them. Don't want to wear, open for what? HAND DAMN ITCHY! I had to get Father to dismantle the chains. He then secured them strategically with velcro to prevent history from repeating itself.

A worthy buy! I think pushcarts are going to sell this for $10.

E5085 欧美流行饰品 朋克 创意无限!复古 拉链 脚链 批发
¥2.15, free local delivery. S$0.51 after conversion

I don't have a habit of wearing anklets, but I decided to try one out. It arrived with unsightly fraying fabric at the zip. Got to cut them myself. Seems slightly too big for my small ankles. No chance to wear yet since I think anklets only go well with short pants but when I wear short pants, I'm too lazy to wear an anklet. What a paradox.

E1295 酷儿饰品厂批发 欧美流行 复古可爱海星开口戒指 指环 女
E1043 韩国 酷儿饰品厂批发 蒲公英戒指 指环
E1064 酷儿饰品厂 欧美公主游记 蝴蝶花朵田园小清新复古戒指
L to R:
¥1, free local delivery. S$0.24 after conversion
¥0.86, free local delivery. S$0.20 after conversion
¥0.78, free local delivery. S$0.18 after conversion

I don't have a habit of wearing rings, but now here's a chance to try them out since they are so cheap. Where to find rings that cost cents in Singapore?

Sadly, the puff wire ring got bent and the butterfly came right off when Brother carried me. Now I know I shouldn't wear rings with stick out parts.

E5014 韩版饰品 男女通用情侣 新款时尚多层编织 皮带式手链
E5107 韩国韩版饰品批发 清新款 小雏菊珍珠花瓣弹力手链 手镯
E5080 韩版 酷儿饰品批发 复古花搭扣款 民族风格 牛皮手链
L to R:
¥1, free local delivery. S$0.24 after conversion
¥12.50, free local delivery. S$2.95 after conversion
¥1, free local delivery. S$0.24 after conversion

The L and R items are too long for my tiny wrist, so they keep moving around. Especially R, the heavier parts kept turning inwards.
The white flowers-pearls bracelet is elastic and fits me nicely. I can imagine thicker wrists finding it tight. Sweet and pretty enough to show off at a wedding with my pearl earrings :)

E5068 酷儿饰品厂批发 韩版 最爱水晶手链 单排钻弹力 手链
¥1.30 each, free local delivery. S$0.92 for 3 after conversion

More cheap blings! Buy as many as you need to create the look you desire. These are elastic and fit me nicely.

E4196 酷儿饰品厂批发 欧美饰品 复古猫头鹰长项链/毛衣链
¥1.60, free local delivery. S$0.36 after conversion

Owl accessories are the hottest in town. Perfect chance to grab mine for just a few cents. There's now a crack in one of its eyes, but I'm not sure if it's a defect or I did it :( Nevertheless, still can wear lah, and be more careful next time. EYES ARE CRACKABLE.

No comments: