Monday, October 08, 2012

Universal Studios Singapore

Finally got a chance to go! Brother has a pair of adult passes and I think $100 F&B vouchers too? By topping up 3 more tickets, we can have a family outing.

We only wanted to go on a weekday to avoid the queues and crowd. But I already have no leave left. So the only way is to... use MC. The only morning follow-up I have is the neuro doctor. Ok, we must must go on that day! I requested for a change of time to "as early as possible" so that we can all be there when USS opens. 8.45am... will do!

So this morning, I got up super early and squeezed the rush hour MRT to the clinic. I hate rush hour lah :(

Breakfast was mooncake while waiting outside the clinic. Dr K asked about my bill. Yeah yeah I'm planning to settle it all on my own. Updated him on my current status.

Mother came to meet up with Father and I. We took a cab to USS. I didn't expect to be back in Sentosa so soon!

Met up with Brother and Sister. Took the mandatory photo with the USS globe and in we went.

We walked around, lunch-hunting at the same time. Somehow the food didn't seem very appealing. Partly because they look expensive? Still behaving cheapoly! I also wasn't in favor of eating a full restaurant meal because I didn't want to waste time on meals. After contemplating dim sum, a place that sells draft beer, middle-eastern food, we ended up at Mel's Drive-In. I never thought we would wind up at a burger place in my wildest dreams. We ordered the massive burger they had on a poster.
It may not look big like this, but the diameter is just over half the length of the tray. Big enough for 4 to share, with beef fries, fries and soda. The staff took a polaroid of use and the burger and asked us to write our thoughts... and they kept the photo. I thought it's for us!! There you go, evidence of me skiving, lurking somewhere out there, despite taking care to keep this outing a secret by warning my family not to tag me on social media. Not bad at all. Worth it with so many people sharing.

No 4G at Sentosa.

The sun was blasting can?! Damn hot. I'm so gonna be fried.

For all the rides, my family and I got priority whenever the queue was long :D As usual, most of the time, being able to transfer and using a compact wheelchair improve accessibility to rides. Generally, little or no queue today.

First ride, TRANSFORMERS The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle. So glad that I could take it. Lots of jerking motions. Brother had to hold on to me. I really felt as if I a thrilling ride at top speed around the city, when we were really merely rocking about in the same spot. Thumbs up!

A headache was developing from the lack of sleep and caffeine. Curiously, there was NO teh (not even the foodcourt), gourmet coffee (what I was really hoping for) or even Starbucks in the park. Instant Nescafe at best, take it or leave it. I REGRETTED not buying Toastbox teh despite staring at it for so long earlier. Had to settle for iced Nescafe. What a rip off :(

WaterWorld™ action-packed and very exciting for a live show - no NG allowed! Must be really cool to be an actor; get paid to keep fit!

Lights, Camera, Action!™ Hosted by Steven Spielberg
I was worried about getting wet because I was directed to the front row, but it was mostly fine mist with sporadic large drops. Kind of loud in there.

We came to the Revenge of the Mummy™, but hesitated to ride it coz we didn't have a poncho and were too cheapskate to buy one. When we finally decided to, it was under maintenance!! Lesson learned: Just do it!

Running out of things to do. Did Treasure Hunters™. HOT and slow. B.O.R.I.N.G.

A roller coaster that I can take! *WOW* Canopy Flyer™ the saving grace! Fun! It should be longer lor.

Didn't like it that we were left to find our own seats in the theater for Shrek 4-D Adventure. It would have been nicer if I had time to transfer to a normal seat. Missed out on the seat-shaking effect in the wheelchair space.

Not a fan of Donkey, so Donkey Live was a good respite from the heat.

Madagascar: A Crate Adventure was pleasantly accessible despite it being a boat ride. They have a special boat with a wheelchair space and ties to secure the wheelchair.

Battlestar Galactica must be fun... boring waiting for my siblings. If I had gone, there might be priority lor muahahahaa.

Monster Rock™ at Pantages Hollywood Theatre™ was pretty entertaining although I thought musicals are not my kind of thing. Introduction to Broadway?

We left the park in the evening.

What's for dinner? Strangely, none of the restaurants exerted any irresistible attraction on me. Hard Rock Cafe? Chilli's? Palio? We decided on Starz Restaurant. They serve international buffet. The staff kindly allowed us to view the spread first. Since we have the dining voucher, we went for it. Drinks were chargeable. There's one serving of complimentary tea/coffee which we weren't told of until we asked... Plain water was free-flow though, good enough.

I think I enjoyed Tokyo Disneyland more. It felt bigger, atmosphere felt more fun, maybe because Singaporeans are more reserved or simply too few people around?

A cluster of stubborn pimples on my forehead were dried out by the sun! Sun-dried pimples! So is my bad skin due to lack of sun exposure?

No comments: