I still couldn't believe how lucky I was to snag 3 tickets on a Saturday. Can sleep till whenever I wanted, go shopping, watch Lion King, get home late and still be in no hurry to sleep. Sadly, Brother had to work, so it's just Sister and me for the day programme.
Sister was thinking of eating Todai for lunchner (lunch + dinner), but I'm really not confident of eating buffets anymore :( 1.5hrs might not be enough for slow, adult eaters.
We dropped off at Suntec City. Wasn't really hungry, so lunch was just Soup Spoon's clam chowder (craving for MSG but stopping myself from eating ramen again) and some of Sister's doughnuts. Then we grabbed a cuppa from Joe & Dough, which was actually quite good. I think I'm outgrowing Starbucks and Coffee Bean already?
Window-shopped. Couldn't buy anything although it was GSS since I didn't know if I could still use it 4mths later...
Dinner was Thai Express at Esplanade because Sister had never tried it before. Don't ever eat at this outlet. The green curry laksa was way too salty. So salty that I couldn't bear drinking the soup and was actually straining it from the noodles. Bleah. Were they trying to cater to the tourists, which might have a higher proportion of people from country C? The tomyam seafood glass noodles' soup was souless. Plain sourish and spicy, no seafood taste. I didn't recall Bishan being that bad.
Run to MBS! Because Sister didn't realize that we had to enter 15min earlier and thought we still had a lot of time. Got to clear our bladders before the show, but the toilet was so so so full! Ran into Brother outside the toilet, what a coincidence!
Then we ran to the theatre. There, Sister parted from us as she had to go sit at the single seat at the Dress Circle. Brother carried me to our seats as it was all steps. The ushers made sure we settled down comfortably before leaving. A markedly better experience than the non-existent cinema ones. I'm not sure where the wheelchair-bound normally had to sit. Maybe special bay in front? But I didn't want to risk having to sit alone.
People streaming in slowly. Didn't see anybody familiar.
Ah neh couple in front of me! The smell was seriously strong XD As you can see, the woman's head was blocking my view :\
Before we could start, we had to bear with a speech from... forgot who.
And the show started! Impressive songs, music, dance and movement. It could get quite loud. Not suitable for babies. Everybody seemed to be engrossed in the musical, except for the lady next to me who seemed more interested in texting on her mobile. She left midway. Partying was probably more for her. Pity!
The view from my seat was surprisingly ok afterall, in spite of it being quite far back and off-centre.
I think I had watched too much motion pictures. Not able to catch very well the messages conveyed in a non-in-your-face way, such as in a stage setting. It took me quite a while to understand a particular scene was about lionesses hunting... and you might have guessed, it hit me only when the lionesses were happily mutilating the zebra. O... so that was what all the prancing was about...! It took me even longer to realize that the fat auntie with a huge board hanging on her ass was the baboon... S-L-O-W!
Intermission! Haha like so high-class hor, watching something with an intermission. Actually, I think it's just something to ensure the audience didn't get DVT.Look at the crowd!
Look at the overpriced drinks! Toilet tap water for us then. Grr so thirsty after Thai Express!
I had seen the movie before, but I'm glad I had forgotten the story, thus enabling me to enjoy the musical in anticipation. Sure happy ending lah, but the process? The theatre burst into applause on curtains down. Wa cheapo SinkHell staff also can behave high-classly lor. I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially when it cost only 20 bucks wahaha. It's amazing how many backgrounds can be accommodated on a single stage and the speed at it could be changed. How songs had to be perfect, acting had to be executed without NG. The cast did the same thing everyday, but considering how gymnasts can slip up during Olympics, *kowtow*
Now to get home. The taxi queue was being itself. Sent Sister to join the queue while Brother and I waited at the front. Observed how everybody would rather give the Chrysler a miss. In the end, an angmoh did. Rich tourist! I spotted a lady who had a makeover done by S. She looked like somebody who didn't need a makeover...
The guys managing the taxi queue gave us priority. Yay!




No comments:
Post a Comment