Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Lion King, The Admin Nightmare

No thanks to the uncustomised Sistic website and creative but poor workers, I expected the people in charge of this Lion King promotion to have hell of a time. In a negative way, of course. I have no idea how they were going to verify the identities of each transaction. Let's see what they would do if he's a foreign particle, like my account, which actually bore my father's name. Fear not, tickets' in my hands already!

I was getting worried that the HR wouldn't accept country C's staff's name for the tickets. Better borrow another name... but WHO?

Eyes roaming the area...ah L! Why didn't I think of her sooner? She wasn't interested in Lion King and was willing to lend me her name. Yay! I will definitely pay you back when they dock your pay.

Parents were away in KL for the past weekend. When they returned, Father forwarded me a shock sms received on his phone - the HR had noticed that he wasn't a National Cockup Schedules staff, so if he didn't reply with his name and RO by 31st May, they would cancel the tickets.

Argh! Now then I know! Nononono I'll explain! Using my own phone, I replied the guy and volunteered the information about lending my father's account to another colleague. Please accept my explanation. And don't blur please. There must be a gazillion other cases like mine out there. *Crosses fingers*

Thankfully, he replied positively. *phew*

But it was still not the end. I think the poor guy was badly confused by the circus out there. He followed up with a couple of phone calls which I patiently (had to) explained the whole story. Yeah, my colleague didn't have a Sistic account mah, so I lent her mine lor. *teethy smile*

This should teach them to implement some sort of login procedure next time lah. Don't mess with employees, we get creative when it comes to non-work stuff!

No comments: