Friday, September 03, 2010

Insurance

I clean forgot about travel insurance until I chanced upon a friend's facebook status about 45% discount for Tenet. What a timely reminder! With my current workload, I might jolly well forget about it until the day before we departed, or when I needed to be air-lifted back home.

Verified that NTUC Income and AIG were of no match. With Tenet's competitive price, we could even get the plan with more coverage, and still cost less than NTUC/AIG!

This was a good chance to show some support for my sister's new budding career. I tasked her to check if any other insurance company could trump Tenet and hopefully, for a price quote even better than the promotion. So I wouldn't be using my friend's service like last time. Sorry, K!

I think it took about 5 days for my sister to come back with the information. Turned out that she had to ask her senior instead of doing the work herself. Didn't expect that... Well, so, I was already getting impatient with the slow response for something seemingly simple, but nevertheless, I appreciated the information that the Tenet promotion was ending in what, 2 days?? Something I failed to notice while at Tenet's website *sheepish*. Her senior recommended Chartis for the good claim experience... but so ex, don't want lah.

With the limited time and disappointing turnaround time, I felt I couldn't entrust my sister's senior to settle the insurance for us after we passed her our personal information. I felt she wasn't serious about this business at all - the commission was probably negligible. When I asked K the last time, he said he didn't earn much from this, but he could still help me with it. I inferred that he was doing it just to provide a complete service. I guessed it was the same for my sister's senior. I could imagine the commission being a measly $5 or something. Instead of worrying if she could meet the deadline, I could check the task as done in just 15min and not worry about it again.

Initially, I thought my sister's senior would be the one earning the commission, but she said she would still get a cut. But if I were right about the $5 commission, I wondered what would be left for her. Sorry, but her first sale was not meant to be.

Tenet TravelJoy Elite plan, $52.80. Great deal!

No comments: