Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Subsidized Movies In 2009

After HSBC Revolution card downgraded the GV movie promotion to a buy-1-get-1-free, coupled with work insanity, I only utilized it once in all of 2009.

March
Watchmen - Superheroes with issues. Afterall, they are only human.

I've not read the comic. In fact, I have not even heard of it till now. The raves and high rating on IMDB stroked my curiosity.

I entered the theater with only 1 expectation - ACTION!

And I wasn't disappointed. Very different from the usual superhero movies. They are not invincible. They did not just get whacked, they even got killed. But considering they were aged and out of practice... ok lah.

Hello, darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision
That was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

Reminds me of 把悲伤留给自己, used in 无间道.

HSBC has downgraded the promotion yet again.
Enjoy 1-for-1 movie tickets with your HSBC's Revolution Credit Card monthly with minimum S$200 charged!

Step 1
Simply charge a minimum amount of S$200 on your HSBC's Revolution credit card in each calendar month (e.g. 1 to 31 January 2010).

Step 2
Receive an invitation via SMS on every 2nd Wednesday of the following month from 5pm onwards (e.g. 10 February 2010 from 5pm onwards).
The SMS invitation will be sent to you only if you have charged a minimum amount of S$200 in the previous calendar month.

Step 3
Be the first 1,000 to reply to our invitation via SMS in this format: RVGV16-digit HSBC's Revolution credit card number.

Step 4
You will receive a movie code if you are among the first 1,000 customers to reply.

Step 5
Present the movie code and purchase one GV movie ticket with your HSBC's Revolution credit card at any Golden Village cinema. The SMS will be valid for 30 days.


Har... never lor... unless I use it as my primary credit card. But I think I still love my platinum more.

No more subsidized movies in 2010! :(

No comments: