Friday, November 13, 2009

The Face Shop and Dermalogica Samples

Running out of face moisturizer but no time to shop for a new one and no discount lately! How about a temporary solution to tide me over? Get some free samples sent to my doorstep!

Not many exciting moisturizers brands around. Hard time picking...


The Face Shop Eco Vert Extreme Moisture
I didn't know I was going to get 2 sachets of products!

I wasn't sure how to use these 2 items. One for day and one for night? Dunno lah.

I started with the Extreme Moisture Serum first. Mildly and pleasantly scented! First, I tried applying all over my face. It was oilier than Galenic Intense Moisturizing Serum and absorbed more slowly too. Didn't feel much difference before and after application. Soon after, my T-zone turned oily. Used it on my cheeks and neck only, where it's better appreciated.

After finishing Extreme Moisture Serum, I began trying the Extreme Moisture Cream. Not sure if it was meant to be a night cream as the website said it was, but both the sachet and card didn't say so. Ah nevermind, just use it day and night! As a cream, its texture was naturally thicker than the serum. My face was velvety soft and smooth after applying this product.

The bad news is it did not do a good job of keeping my very oily T-zone matte for long. I experimented by applying this on one side of my face and aloe vera gel on the other. Result... aloe vera gel won! So I think this product is better for my cheeks and neck.

The Face Shop was never on my skincare to-buy radar. This sampling still hasn't changed my opinion. The products are quite pricey but still don't seem to work better than my current products costing less than half the price.

---
Product Information
Extreme Moisture Serum $48.90
Main Function
A serum specially created to saturate the skin with lavish moisture

Extra-added ingredient White Lupine extracts, an excellent moisturizer and skin softener.

Nano Nutritive Hydrasome (nano vesicle containing Argan oil) fortifies skin’s natural protective function to prevent loss of moisture (Argan oil promotes faster cell regeneration)

Imitates skin water structure.


Extreme Moisture Night Cream $48.90
Main Function
A recharging night treatment cream. Moisture-protection intensifying cream.

Extra-added ingredient
Ceramide (Naturally occurring moisturizing agent of skin) + Lecitin (component of cell membrane) forms Liquid Crystal Emulsion System

è These two components are added to strengthen the natural protective function of the skin.

* Liquid crystal emulsion system prevents moisture loss to minimal and leaves the skin feeling thoroughly moisturized and soft.

Features
• Moisture level of the skin is increased by 50% in just 30 minute.
• 12-hour lasting moisture supply.


Front-view of the upcoming reviews

The Face Shop Su Hyang Snow Maximizing Gel Cream
What a pleasant, sweet fragrance that greeted me! Upon close inspection of the cream, I found it has some subtle glitter in it. But not sure if it helped improved my appearance at all! Back to it's primary purpose, this product was too rich for my oily T-zone. In fact, it was even richer than the above 2 products, so I only applied on my cheeks and neck. Worked quite well for them lah, but at the end of the day, those parts were shining a bit lor.

---
Product Information

Suitable for oily & combination skin

“ Water Balloon-like Cream “

• Gel type texture melts into your skin as if snow melts when
touched.

• Contains 91% moisture (Hexagon-shaped hydrant)

• Song-i Mushroom, Nano Gold and Xylitol boosts the blood
circulation while supplying energy and nutrients.

à Improved circulation of moisture and energy maximizes clarity and
brilliance to your skin.

Retail Price: SGD$53.90


Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair
Looking for an eye cream also. When I found Dermalogica being listed, I pounced on it!

Alamak, the sachet so big, but the sample was only 1cm wide!

What's great about this product was that it was easily absorbed, leaving my eye-area looking moisturized without a sticky and oily look. The con is that after leaving the sachet at room temperature for a few days, the texture seemed to have become more watery. Also, the paint from sample's packaging actually started coming off, leaving specks of grey on my finger after handling it. If I hadn't noticed, and used the same fingers to apply the cream, they would be on my skin! So it's bad quality paint, or the solvent for the eye cream could dissolve the paint too?

Nevermind the reason. The price was repulsive enough.

---
Product Information
This ultra-rich cream, fortified with Vitamin C, pure antioxidants and phytonutrient Wild Yam, helps repair prematurely-aging skin while smoothing-away fine dehydration lines.

Retail Price: SGD$98.00 / 15ml


Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex
Actually I got this with my sister in mind, since she was constantly on the lookout for a good lip moisturizer. Found an expensive brand, faster grab!

This has to be the best lip balm I have ever used. First of all, it smells so nice! The scent filled my room the moment I opened the sachet. Secondly, just a thin layer is enough to keep my lips moisturized the whole day, even if I do not reapply after meals! Thirdly, I'm pleasantly surprised that it cured a sore at my lip corner. It's WAY better than Kiehls!

But, $65 for a lip balm... err... I think I will still stick with Burt's Bees.

---
Product Information
It’s hard to imagine a more deliciously flavoured raspberry lip treatment that simultaneously helps to repair damaged lip tissue, protect against free radicals and AGEs, moisturises and smoothes contour lines. It also improves lipstick application.

Retail Price: SGD$65.00


These 4 items cost $2 in all. The price is probably prohibitive for people who were planning to live on the samples. For me, I will only be getting the items I would really like to try. Hope they will carry more attractive products in future.

No comments: