Saturday, October 03, 2009

Mid-Autumn Sin Festival 09

I thought it was bad enough that I was almost too busy to go mooncake shopping during last year's Mid-Autumn festival. This year, I was 200% overloaded. No time to think about mooncakes at all!

Good thing that my brother had staff rate for Marriott Hotel. Didn't think we could go very wrong with a hotel and 35% discount sounded like a great deal, so here we go!

The discount was later revised to about 20% or 15% :(.

Then my brother didn't read the instructions on the box of durian mooncakes. He left it out in the sweltering Singapore room temperature and it turned sour. But we discovered it in time and the usually sensitive me didn't get a bad reaction, so it's safe to continue eating!

Here's our snowskin mooncakes.

A box of 8 durian snowskin $48 (original price)
A box of assorted snowskin $48 (original price), consisting of Ebony & Ivory Whisky Chocolate Praline (ok lah...), Horlicks with Crunchy Pearls (yum!), Japanese Sweet Potato Paste with Atap Seeds & Red Bean (yum!) and White Lotus Seed Paste with Egg Yolk (ok lah...).

Verdict: I don't think I would get this without the discount. But for the sake of Horlicks... I might have to think a bit more.

No comments: