Thursday, October 02, 2008

Earthquake!

Was walking to the toilet at work when I heard a very loud bang coming from somewhere near me, like somebody using a hammer to hit violently on tiles. Being a kaypoh, I stopped to look where it could have come from, although I wasn't wearing my specs and couldn't see details clearly beyond 3m.

And I was glad that I did. The floor tiles were cracking and popping up right in front of me! If I had not been a kaypoh, they would have been exploding right under my feet!


The next day, the building management cordoned the area off. But that's all they have done so far. It's been 3 weeks already. Is it so hard to find a few tiles of the same color and texture and stick them back? Anyway, on my floor alone, there were a few other areas with tiles on the verge of popping out. They should just stockpile tiles now, unless they want to renovate the whole place.

No comments: