The HR organized a BBQ at a club near my office, commencing at 5pm. I think everybody didn't feel like going because they didn't enthusiastically reply "I'M COMING!!!" to the RSVP. I know, we get to get out of the office early, but we already have too much work to do and would rather not. What more, it's not for going home. I think our boss know us very well lah, he said we should recognize HQ's efforts and go if we can make it. What a subtle hint.
As much as I would like to be as late for the BBQ as possible, I had to leave for it at 5.30pm because I had to lompang my boss' car over. If I purposely missed the ride, I think it would be too obvious lah. Nevermind, I plan to leave at 8pm latest!
Food was not bad. Got mee siam, fried rice, fried beehoon, salad, packet Yeo's drinks, the usual fare like chicken wings, otah, marshmallows, and unusual stuff like sotong, salmon, crayfish, brocolli, lamb, beef.
It was really a show-face event. Almost everybody from a particular department has disappeared by 6.30pm. Some people want to lompang other other's car, so they left with the driver who happened to have to leave early. Some big bosses came and also left soon. By 8.15pm, there were probably not more than 15 people at the pit, excluding any who might be in the chalets.
Home-sweet-home.
Edited on 01/01/2008: That night, I was offered a lift home by a new guy claiming to be my new boss. Looks too young (and the car too beng, as I found out when I saw it XD). I was thinking "Are you sure you are my new boss? Do what one?" the whole time. Hope it wasn't written all over my face *whistles*
No comments:
Post a Comment