Today at my company's annual brain-washing session, the big big big boss announced that they are going to focus on work-life integration.
Work-life integration indeed.
Non-stop OT since May.
Occasional Saturdays.
Work from home so that I can see the office 1 day less a week.
I miss having my dinner at 8pm.
I miss my friends.
I miss my computer.
I have a backlog of entertainment.
I have a backlog of blogs to enter and I don't wish to forget what I want to write. This entry is a backlog too btw, it's made on 2nd Sep actually.
My work is becoming my life. I congratulate my company at their success.
Impossible deadlines, with the complexity of the system. Rephrasing, I'm incompetent.
This is really a weird place.
People who cannot differentiate between reason and excuse.
This guy is from the Pastes team, the project I joined when I first joined the company.
CM: Why did this-this-this happen?
Me: Because like-this and...
CM: That is not an excuse.
Me: I know this is my mistake and this is what happened. I don't mean this as an excuse.
CM: So what is your reason?
Me: (names reason #2)
CM: No, that is not an excuse. Can you stop finding excuses?
Me: (so wtf should I be saying? Care to tell me your idea of a reason?)
The moody middle-aged woman
She's been mentioned before here. When she's in a good mood, she's very nice and takes good care of me. But when it's foul, ha! Luckily she doesn't act up often, but it could become more frequent with age.
L suddenly popped by to say there's a problem with my work.
Me: Yes, I'm aware of that already. I am fixing it with the next release.
L: Ok, so let me test something else. (*press press*)
Me: No no, you can't do that yet, that problem is affecting the rest.
L: (angrily) Why can't I do that? I want to do that. (continued pressing) Why is it not working?
Me: ... (will I be insulting her intelligence if I repeated myself?)
The PM who knows his Math.
A conversation between PM and R at noon.
PM: So how long will you take to finish this?
R: 7 days.
PM: So today is Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, next Tuesday can finish lah?
I wasn't sure if the PM was joking.
BTW, the brain-washing session was a total waste of time. Dangerously crowded, I had to wade through a sea of people to register myself, wade through another ocean to get to the buffet which I can't eat because I was standing, and punish myself by standing for almost 45min to wait for the fucking doors to open. Then listen to the big big big boss talk about the company's achievements and how they aim to do more for the people. Ya, whatever they are going to do, I'm sure will not apply to contracts. I should have just stayed behind to get more work done, impress my boss and maybe become a perm. And do I care how well the company is doing? Got bonus for me meh? Doesn't matter at all, unless it's doing so badly that they are retrenching.
No comments:
Post a Comment