I could hear a 歌台 as I approached, but I didn't expect it to be right outside the very Botak Jones coffeeshop! Japanese-like hokkien songs, voices with no power shouting out songs... we didn't want to listen, but we had to.
The worst was yet to come. The auction ran concurrently with the 歌台. Sitting in between the 2 stages, we were blasted left and right. The auction was exceptionally loud for unnecessary human reasons (maybe they wanted to attract ghosts from afar). Maybe they were helping the sound system rental company test the limits of their systems, because I'm certain it wasn't that loud when they were doing the testing 123. As per industry standard, the host talked non-stop, promote the item, how much, repeat the current bid price *100, let out a HUAT AH, promote again, say 来,repeat the bid price again, ask people to bid.... but the people below were more interested in the food. Made the host look like 自high.
They sold a trophy for $2k. Said to help students score and do well in school. That person's kid needs it so badly? Aiyoh trophy got use meh? At least charcoal can be used in a bbq.
Needless to say, we couldn't hear ourselves the whole night.
No comments:
Post a Comment