While I was still staying at Hougang, I asked Houganger for food recommendations. I got my sister to pack chicken cutlet for me immediately that night. Boy I so did not regret it. If it still tastes good after surviving a bicycle trip, it must be damn good if eaten on the spot.
And so I did. Located in a coffeeshop opposite Hougang Plaza, obviously more crowded than the Kopitiam chain. There's 秋莲板面 and a duck rice which is supposed to be good too. The western food stall is manned by a few ah bengs who don't look like they belong behind stalls. The obese one was standing and had one leg propped up on a stool. You get the idea? Wonder what car they drive.
My mixed grill was served on a sizzling, overflowing hot plate. Got chicken and forgot what other meat, potato with melting butter, fries, salad, sunny egg, onion... any other? It's just good lah! How often do you get hot plate at coffeeshops?
Tampopo
J had ramen craving, so J, W and I went to this place at Liang Court B1 which sells delicious ramen in pork bone soup which takes 2 days to boil. I had Kyushu Jangara Ramen, which comes with cod roe(kind of regretted stirring it into the soup without tasting more of it), one BIG slice of pork that spirals with fat and one whole hard boiled egg which miraculously still has partially running yolk and white! I usually don't eat pork fat but this time I did, because I paid for it and there would be nothing left if I extracted the fat. Didn't regret it! Now I know what it means to have meat melt in your mouth. A downside is that when the ramen cools, I could taste a tinge of bitterness. Should be the noodle's alkali. I think the ramen costs $12.80.
J and W had a spicy version that comes with pork strips instead. I think mine is better :D W loves the egg so much that she ordered an extra :O
We got 2 desserts to share. I think one of it was a cheese cake but it wasn't outstanding, thus forgettable. The other was a jelly that comes in a hollowed orange, made with real orange juice and chunks of pulp. Mmm~
Congratulations to J on her engagement!
Jelly Belly

Bought this from a spree. I shouldn't have bought the soda pop shoppe! Because I forgot there wouldn't be any fizz -_-;; The burst of flavor only lasted a few chews and worst of all, the beans stick in teeth. The Sours flavor looks more promising in terms of taste, but I still don't think I will buy again. Meiji tastes good and the best thing is, they don't stick to my teeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment