
Comments: Er... I gave up on it after 30min. Does this count as a comment?
Ok if I really have to say something, to give this movie the benefit of doubt, I'm too shallow for this deep movie full of boring dialogues/monologues and what-not. I couldn't connect with it because the story is disconnected. Like I dunno why 明明 must go and steal a box lying on a counter when she was there for $5m and ended up preferring the box to money, and o btw, why is something so precious so carelessly left on the counter for everybody to steal?
People say 王家卫's movies have no story at all. Ya lah, but it's not as bad as this 明明 lor. At least superficially, 王家卫's movies have beautiful people like 梁朝伟, 王菲, 金城武 and 木村拓哉 to keep superficial people watching. Not that 吴彦祖 is not handsome, but most of the screentime is taken up by some ah beng bloke. Bleah.
Give it a miss, if you like slapstick comedy like me. It's not even worth downloading. I must apologize to my harddisk for putting it through such unnecessary torture.
Rating: Er..erm...
白い巨塔

It's 白い巨塔, not 白色巨塔 hor. First of all, I don't watch Taiwanese shows and secondly, I have zero confidence in shows starring 言承旭. But I must thank 白色巨塔 because I almost wanted to watch it when I saw the trailers on channel 8, since I heard the Japanese version was very popular. As luck would have it, 白い巨塔 became available on *ahem*, so why settle for an imitation?
There is no female lead. No cool, young men. No found-in-your-dreams-only romance. Politicking and bribery. A congregation of fake middle-aged women with irritatingly high-pitched act-cute voices. Limited soundtracks, sombre at best. An exciting plot that leaves the viewer more stressed than relaxed is what there is. Well this series lived up to, and surpassed my expectations.
Rating: 10/5! It can have 明明's stars as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment