The Departed
A remake of 无间道, I applaud the successful efforts made to condense 3 movies into 1 without spoiling the broth.
The Mafia Boss
The Departed | 无间道 |
Jack Nicholson sure looks more like a mafia boss than 曾志伟. 曾志伟 looks (and sounds) more like a clown. I don't understand why he always gets to play the mafia boss, or somebody with more power than pawns.
The Girls
无间道: The baddie undercover's girl | 无间道: The psychologist |
The Departed: The baddie's girl cum psychologist |
Money all spent on the male leads, so have to settle on an all-in-one for the female lead? And not as pretty somemore...
To make the thugs sound like, well, thugs, and make stressed police sound like they were really stressed out, saying the movie is "peppered" with expletives is an understatement. It is marinated in fuck and its variations with "fuck" as the root word. Don't think this will ever be shown on tv. It's either getting ear damage from the ceaseless "por! por!" or having to dub the movie all over again.
Aiyah I think too much liao, why would Mediacorp even want to buy a new movie? That would be against the plot to make us pay for tv, right?
I still prefer 无间道.
Jackass 2
I don't know what to say about this movie. The poster says it best: skull fracture, crutches, missing tooth. It's better than any Jackie Chan stunt. Will Jackie Chan roast his privates with a hair-dryer or stick pubic hair (with lice) onto his face? Bet not.
I'm curious if any of them became impotent, lost 100 points of IQ, e.t.c. It's a wonder none of the people in it died.
No comments:
Post a Comment