* To qualify for your free pint of Gelare ice cream and a chance to win air tickets, simply send an SMS to 9184 2000 in the following format: HSBC
Wa ice-cream ley! (Not interested in the air ticket at all)
Upon seeing this exciting promotion, I asked my father to pay for the new washing machine with his supp card (I haven't decided if I wanna pay for the machine hee). When he returned with the receipt last night after 9pm, I wanted to send the SMS immediately, knowing how I love to procrastinate. But well ya, I ended up procrastinating again.
This morning, I finally decided to send the SMS. I only have 7 days to do so! What if Gelare is only giving out a limited number of redemptions? Now now now! I can think about when and where I wanna collect the ice-cream later.
I got a reply within 2s of sending out the SMS. Impressive eh...
"Use the code GJEWDH for your pint of ice cream at Gelare. Pls present your charge slip and this SMS. Valid today (11 December 2006) only. Ts & Cs apply."
Wh...What?
"Use the code GJEWDH for your pint of ice cream at Gelare. Pls present your charge slip and this SMS. Valid today (11 December 2006) only. Ts & Cs apply."
Huh the SMS is valid for today only!!! Not 7 days meh??? Walau the fineprint never say lor! Today die die must go after work already! Heng no plans for tonight man!
In hindsight, luckily I procrastinated. I can't imagine what would happen if I hadn't. The only outlets still open at 10pm are Siglap and Changi Airport and I wouldn't go out specially for that lor. So 奸! Long live procrastination!
Choosing the outlet was a no-brainer - the one nearest my home of course, we are talking about ice-cream. Don't want to say here, coz I don't wanna get hoot by ah bengs (coming up below). If you know where I live, it's obvious where I went lah. I think the ride from my work there took almost 1hr, my butt damn pain sia. All for free ice-cream, dunno worth it or not also :(
I waited at the carpark while my father went up to redeem the ice-cream. A few minutes later, he returned empty-handed. He came back for his wallet because he must show the credit card as proof, something the fineprint never say :\
At this time, a black, ah-beng car pulled up beside me.
Those 2 pairs of butts in the picture belong to the driver and passenger of that car. They don't look beng lah, it's just the car, and the fact that they stepped out to SMOKE, and the wind was blowing the smoke into my face. It always happens, I'm a smoke magnet, dunno why. So I must revenge by posting this picture! Maybe they realised that it's uncool to switch on those lights here, so they switched it off before driving off.
My father returned with the ice-cream. Apparently the promotion is very popular as there were quite a few people redeeming too. We went home. My poor butt... oww...
Haven't eat the ice-cream yet, haven't even seen or asked what flavour. Shall surprise myself tomorrow. Better not be banana.
No comments:
Post a Comment