First, buffet lunch at the good old Penang Place, which has moved from IBP to the more accessible Fusionopolis. I thought Meritus Mandarin is the furthest we will ever venture. Now here's a new record!
Partly because there's a part 2 of the day... bowling at SuperBowl SAFRA Mount Faber later. Meaning no need to go back to work yay! Which also means I should not skip it!! I'm totally coming!
Not so fast... got to check whether the place has an accessible washroom or not. I called them up and confirmed that there is. So heck care if there's stairs or platform that prevents me from joining the rest. Just go, coz I don't want to work!
A bus was chartered to ferry us from office to Fusionopolis. Inconvenient for me. I took MRT. Thank goodness for the Circle Line.
Wow the restaurant is so much bigger now, yet it's still full! I was kind of wishing we could own the place :|
Found the guys easily. They didn't really save me a seat, but it's fine, I can just sit at the end of the table. But that side all full of Indians neh... why am I always at the Indian table? The people I have more things to say to, were at the next table :(
It's ok, I should talk to some new people :X
J, who left some years back, has rejoined the team, but in another project. Wow, so nice here meh? He's the 3rd case of 回头草 eater that I have come across.
Went for a lap around the buffet tables. Father got me some food before leaving to take his own lunch. For me, I remember vividly that, P was seated on my right. He took great care of my during lunch, despite me getting impatient with him on the phone sometimes... :P
The PM, who's 1 seat away, said I look very much better now :D Haha seriously?? I just attributed it to staying out of the sun.
Or is it the snail cream? Nah, I just started on it and we have not met since... can't remember when lor.
Maybe it's generally drinking more water and going toilet more. And staying away from the toxic office environment.
Father took too many cauliflowers lah... feel like throwing away. Slurped a bowl of assam laksa. Hard to find lor. I know AMK central got lah, but restaurant price ley. Their star dish, the char kuay teow, was wiped out the moment it's replenished, so I didn't get to eat it. The chendol was meh. Because you get to mix your own, and obviously nobody who knows my taste is with me. And don't want to be so troublesome as to make P wheel me to the buffet table (using manual wheelchair today) to dictate how I wanted it, so... he returned with a cross between chendol and ice kachang - a pinkish concoction. Tanks ah, tanks.
Never eat buffets without Brother...
When we were almost done, people were just staring into space or playing with phones, with just some chattering. D even took out his PSP -_-;;
After lunch, the guys took a bus to SAFRA. C didn't join us. Didn't get to talk to her at all today :(
Father's lunch was some expensive, lousy nasi briyani. The Tekka market one is a steal compared to this daylight robbery one.
It was a super long and cold wait for a taxi at the taxi stand. The wind was cold from the rain and automatic door opening sometimes.
Got a cab, made my way to SAFRA. Asked the way to the lift, which was like in plain sight but somehow Father and I couldn't see it. Finally made it to the bowling alley where everybody have already started playing. Fortunately, the bowling alley was accessible and I could be with the group.
D and I were supposed to be cheerleaders, but, :P
We have 3 lanes to be shared among all of us, who were split into 3 teams. Strangely, people like not very on about bowling? When it's free? Keep saying don't want don't want. I wished I could play lor. It must have been 17 years already.
I gave J a pack of assorted colors ribbon hair ties which I have received as a free gift from one of my online purchases (forgot which).
![]() |
| This type |
D and TL took out laptop to look at an issue reported at UAT, wondering if it's related to the stealth fix we put in recently. Can't focus here. Shall take a closer look when I get home.
C and P from the other project were also looking at work. Haiz... dog's life also better than ours lor.
J cut her finger. First time see people cut finger during bowling :X
Gameover. After prize presentation, we dispersed. Instantly, poof. 闪得真快. No group photo. Haii seriously... this group of people... really don't want to do anything else other than work with colleagues.
Since I'm out, might as well dine out. And Mother has been throwing a fit. Met Brother and his friends for dinner. No idea what came over me, but when presented with the choice of Crystal Jade or Korean BBQ, I picked the Korean BBQ. Which was a buffet. 2 buffets in a single day! So stuffed! The place is KBB at Toa Payoh ERA Centre. Not too bad... everything is better with free-flow Korean sides :P The place is a bit cramp lah.
Come to think of it, E has never contacted me so far. Why do people make empty promises? Not that I wished she kept it, but just sayin'...

No comments:
Post a Comment