My long-awaited break! Aiyah, just a scheduled appointment with the No Use Hospital's rehab doctor, which happened to fall after Hari Raya Haji, so it's like an extra weekend!
When I saw the doctor, the first thing he asked was if I have any pressure sores, in an alarmed tone. No?? Why the sudden concern? Then he pointed to the cushion that I was sitting on on my wheelchair and asked why I needed that. I explained that it came with the wheelchair and I couldn't get rid of it; I hated it too.
The doctor advised me to keep doing the breathing exercises. He asked me if I had an incentive spirometer - the one they gave me when I was in hospital.
Eh... not sure if it's still around lah. He told me to go buy one if I don't, and wrote me the name on a piece of paper. To make sure that I'm using it, he told me to bring it on my next appointment. He even entered this into my case notes! OMG better dig it out from my house!!
And so I watched the doctor key in my case notes on his computer, letter-by-letter. Typing still cmi after so long... I had to stop myself from offering to type for him so that we can all move on sooner.
Went home and confirmed my suspicion that the incentive spirometer is long gone. Search in my project's system, no such item. Searched online, very few results and either too expensive or will become expensive after shipping. Figured that there's no use asking Some People Died because they will just direct me to dnrwheels and I have searched, they don't carry it. I suspect it just exists in the wards. Should have just asked the doctor to prescribe it to me lor. Arrghhh. Who knows it would be so difficult to obtain one? The doctor himself probably is none the wiser.
How?? Ask friends to sneak one out for me? :(
No comments:
Post a Comment