Life still has to go on. Follow-up at the Ortho clinic today. Father made me wear a respiratory mask that made me look like Bane.
Ok not so bad lah. Just something with a valve.
Many people in the streets donned masks too. Made me feel less self-conscious. I'm already feeling warm sitting down, I can't imagine how hot people feel when they have to walk under this humid weather!
Upon arrival at No Use Hospital and en route to the Ortho clinic, I passed by the pharmacy. The staff were moving boxes of N95 masks from the store.
Took my routine X-ray. The usual lady wasn't there. All fresh blood.
When I popped out of the clinic half an hour later, a queue had grown from the pharmacy entrance and down the corridor towards Kopitiam.
How did those people know so soon that stock was up?
Fortunately, there was a separate queue for customers not buying masks. My Klorane dry shampoo was on sale, 20% off @ $11.70. Yay!
Didn't wait long for my turn with Dr L today. That's odd! He looked fine. Wonder what happened to him.
Dr L compared today's X-ray with last time's and asked me if I could see any difference. Huh o_O? How could he ask me such a question? Of course it looks the same to me...! I don't how to interpret X-ray lor! Funny ley he! Not playing spot the difference with me, right? I suck at that game.
Me: ... Same what...
Dr L: No... (switched to pre-surgery and today's X-ray)
Ooo like that of course can see! -_-;;
Dr L: Did I give you the BMP?
That's a very strange question to ask me. You mean you don't know?
Me: Yes. (pause) You told me you did. (must remember to add disclaimer)
Dr L: How much did they charge you?
Me: No idea, not stated in the bill. Should be lumped with the implants?
Dr L: How much was the surgery in all?
Me: O_O Forgot!
Dr L: -_- Tell me next time.
He looked at the questionnaire that I filled in. The answers must look terrible, I know. He suddenly looked very solemn.
Dr L: Would you still go with the surgery if you knew you will be unable to walk?
I saw this question coming from long ago. I don't know if I imagined it, but all along, I sort of felt he might be feeling guilty as a contributor. Especially from the siao onz about rehabilitation. You don't have to, you know.
Me: Yes. Not being able to walk is a sooner or later thing. The surgery has helped with the back pain.
Dr L: Then why not wait till you can't walk first?
Me: Better to do it when I'm younger.
And also lose a few years of fun... sigh.
Dr L: Ok, I will see you in 5 years.
5 years! GULP. Will he still remember that he asked me to tell him how much the surgery cost? Will the figure still be relevant 5 years down the road? Must I factor in inflation? And the million dollar question... WILL HE STILL BE IN NO USE HOSPITAL?
I'm already starting to miss my Friday MCs.
I almost knocked the door down again while reversing. Hopeless. Things are so not going to improve if I don't come here often.
Consultation Services (SC - RV) $92.00
X-ray
Spine Scolisis -AP & Lateral $110.00
Subsidy -$81.00
Out of pocket $121.00
X-ray
Spine Scolisis -AP & Lateral $110.00
Subsidy -$81.00
Out of pocket $121.00
Hmm Consultation Services has increased from $85.00.
Subsidy increased too, so overall, I paid just $3 more than the last visit.
When I exited the clinic at 11.20am, the queue at the pharmacy went in another direction, down the long corridor of the clinics, reaching clinic B.
Went to have lunch near my hair salon. Father realized that I haven't taken my MC. SHIT. Bombed the clinic's phone, but nobody picked up. Must be off to lunch.
After lunch hours, I called again. I was dismayed that they couldn't mail me my MC and I couldn't send somebody to take it for me. LL got to go back.
At 3pm, the queue has extended to 5m after clinic B. The insatiable people.



No comments:
Post a Comment