Sunday, January 20, 2013

Bedsheets & Yummies

Mother told me to buy bedsheets, so here's an excuse to go shopping!

Target area should have a high concentration of mass-market household goods. Bugis area fits the bill and is also accessible.

Can't remember what I had for lunch. I think it was steak at Astons Specialities @ Bugis+ because I was trying to stop myself from eating ramen everytime I come here.

Over to OG nearby. Jaywalking across Queen Street from Bugis Street to Albert Centre Market And Food Centre is not wheelchair friendly due to poles blocking off the dropped kerbs, presumably to keep motorcycles out. Why bother with the dropped kerb in the first place?

I think we went to SLS, where I got my new phone a screen protector.

OG's entrance was inaccessible. They have bedsheets outside the building, but it looked like a mad house due to the sale. Designs were unappealing. Too colorful, more for kids. Material was quite rough, nowhere near our current sheets.

We left for Bugis Junction BHG. Ahh more quiet, can shop slowly and peacefully. So many choices and got sale also! There's even a sales assistant to help us. Without her, we would be so lost. So why is everybody at OG?

Higher threadcount sheets are noticeably smoother and pleasant to the touch. It's so easy to get hooked - we didn't even want to look at the cheapest options anymore. We left with 2 sets of bedsheets and mattress protectors. Damage: $173.60. Who knew sheets are so expensive!

Dinner was Itacho. Easier to control the food portion with smaller servings. Yum yum an outing isn't complete without Japanese food!

Rounded off the day with ice-cream waffle at Shokudo Japanese Coffee House. So much for portion control!

No comments: