But alas, the time has come for us to part, because I didn't want to settle for that same measly $4 rebate anymore.
Looking at the range of phones available, I guess I had to cast out my requirement of a smaller and lighter phone. This also means I have to give up my Classic plan.
Models considered but subsequently rejected
- SE Xperia 10. Cool camera, but too FAT! I know I just decided not to discriminate against plus-sized phones, but this one really cannot!
- HTC Legend. Sounded great, until I heard that Desire was coming soon.
- HTC Desire. Twice, I almost bought it. The first time, it was out of stock. And black was too boring. I read about a silver version. Maybe it would arrive on our shores if I waited just a while more? The second time, I was too late for a special online offer and the price went up by $200. Then, I decided I was too impulsive to want to buy it without meeting it first.
And I waited... and waited... until my brother suggested
Samsung Galaxy S!I must must go and take a look for myself before getting it. I visited the Samsung flagship store and played around with it. Love it!
The Singtel shop was just a few shops away. I played with the HTC Desire, which I think was the salesman's personal unit, because he took it out of his own pocket. Nice too!
But Desire is $448 with a "shell" (don't know what), while Galaxy S is $398, with a free table stand and some gift booklet. It also has its dedicated series of Galaxy S price plans, which... only differs from the usual bunch by merely the name.
The choice is clear. Quick, before the table stand runs out!
I was about to recontract when I discovered how pampered I have been.
No more free caller ID for all current plans! Only my dinosaur Classic still has it! Can't accept the fact that I have to pay for something rightfully free... (pampered and entitled mindset).
Didn't go through with the purchase. Sigh.
But I did the next day. Just get over it. Before the table stand runs out. My 3-month long phone hunt has finally ended.
Sotong is now a happy owner of a Samsung Galaxy S! The table stand is only a leather (don't know real or fake) piece. But still good at preventing me from sliding my phone all over the place.
Speaking of which, no more spinning my phone on its back for fun. No more sliding the phone from point A to B.
By the way, I forgot and slided my phone across 10cm of my desk. Its back is so new and smooth, that it glided very well. Oops.
So my SE has been decommissioned. Will work as a great backup.
No comments:
Post a Comment