Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The Countdown Begins

On leave and bored in the afternoon.

May has passed, but ANA still has not released the promotional fares for November. My poor neck, must have been elongated from the waiting!

How about SIA? Actually I have long given up hope of taking SIA, due to the potentially-high price even on promotion and not being able to travel open-jaw, but a peek wouldn't hurt, would it?

Singapore - Tokyo (Haneda) $730

O_O

*ding ding ding*

O_O

CHEAP!

Our desired days were still available! Yes!! Shall propose getting this after everybody got home!

3 hours later, hand itchy, so I checked again. And guess what, no more promo fares left for our day! Gasp! So fast can!

I scrambled to shortlist all the days with promo fare, adjusting the length of stay sometimes. 志在必得!

After a quick discussion with my siblings, we pounced on the tickets the same night.

2-16 Nov 2010, $730.50/pax.

ANA vs SIA
ANA Pros
- Potentially low fare of $757 + $30 (ticketing fee) = $787.
- Open-jaw flight allowed.
- Delicious food onboard (according to sis)
- Should be able to expect good service from a Japanese airline.
- Fantastic timing. SIN-NRT is 2325-0725, while NRT-SIN is 1730-2340.

ANA Cons
- Taking too long to release the November promotion. Made me wonder if there's going to be any at all. This is the most important reason why my $700 went to SIA.
- Narrow seats, even narrower than Jetstar's, as seen from sis' old photo.

SIA Pros
- It's SIA!
- My brother was very happy about his KL flight. But on the other hand, I heard that the service and seats on short-haul Asian flights are terrible. Contradictory...
- SIA has a history of giving free upgrades. I'm needy, upgrade me plssss *bambi eyes*.
- Unbelievable price for SIA, although I have seen lower.
- Depart Tokyo at 0030, after you have had enough fun. And save 1 night's accommodation by sleeping on the plane.
- We get to fly to Haneda, which is closer to the city centre than Narita. New route, so exciting!
- I get to go to T3!

SIA Cons
- No A380 for this route :(
- No open-jaw. No worries, there's the JR pass!
- Sucky arrival time at Tokyo. 5.15am! Too late for Tsukiji, too early for anything else, except to travel to Osaka. Hence our itinerary skeleton was fixed this way...

No comments: