Monday, February 15, 2010

The Storm Warriors II

How cool! 2 middle-aged dudes acting half their age!

Scoring a dismal 4.4/10 on imdb, of course I wouldn't pay a cent to watch it, like I did for the first movie. Critics complained of an overdose of special effects, and I'm not exactly a fan of Chinese special effects.

So what's in the movie?

Wind actually has a penpal!

Cloud's signature sitting pose.

Master naming the new skill!

But Cloud couldn't recognize the word.
Aiyah, actually he wrote wrongly lah! Don't dare to admit!

The villains risked their lives to lay their hands on the Dragon's Spinal Cord (it's really just the spine of a decomposed uncle, not a real dragon). Then the good guys used their newly-acquired skills to stop them. Then the bad guys took it again. Then the good guys fought between themselves and that's the end of the movie. Huh?? The backbone ley? Everybody forgot?

O nevermind, that's material for part III. But they should at least let the audience know that they still remembered and pretend they still cared about China mah...

No comments: