Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mellben Reloaded

It's really cool to have friends who love crabs and don't mind getting our hands dirty in a non-aircon place. W and J were having crab cravings, so it's time for Mellben again! Looking back, the last time I was there was 1+ years ago! This day is a perfect day since I will be on half day in the afternoon, can go earlier to queue :D

Things have changed drastically over the year. Now Mellben has bought over the whole coffeeshop.

Got water feature and renewable decoration on the walls! The place has a kelong-like feel, with wooden flooring for the seats outside. There's even a main entrance like a regular restaurant where you are supposed to queue for a table and order food, before they show you to your table.

Not sure what's the SOP, but the impression I get is that you get to sit down only when your dishes are on the way. So I played the compassion card to order my dishes seated. Hehe still quite caring lah, the people there.

I ordered the usual fare. When the waitress asked for the size of my crabs, I used my hands to form the size. She saw and said, "O, 中的har?" Wa, something considered large at Ah Yat, is medium here lor! Standard very high!

Got a card stating my waiting time after placing my order. Then someone came along to ask if I wanted any drinks.
Haven't had coconut for years, but not now, when I'm going to be filled with crabs shortly...

Got a hot drink since it rained in the afternoon, and it would have the whole night to cool down.

Barley. Forgot to ask if it's fresh before ordering. They serve the instant type! Yucks.

The purpose of this picture is to show the colored LCD CCTV above the guy's head.

The yummy crab beehoon with extra soup and noodles behind it! This time, it's as tasty as the first time!
The black pepper crab. Less spicy than Ah Yat's, so it's better for me.

The fried seafood tofu. Very nice when it's crispy and warm.

W and J ordered pear juice. Never heard of people ordering this! It's nice btw, that I wished I could have it. When their drinks were served, they had to pay. Funny I wasn't asked to pay for my barley.

Total damage was $93.

I want to go back already.

I never found the pear juice anywhere near my workplace. Sian.

No comments: