This movie thing has taught me the importance of reading the terms and conditions. Initially, I thought HSBC would mail me the tickets, but after waiting in vain for 1 month, I finally got off my ass to find out what happened. It turned out that I had to be the first 500 to send a sms on the first Thursday of the month, beginning 10am. Fine, I turned on a reminder for 7 August 9.45am. 志在必得!!
August
My last movie was about 1yr ago, The Bourne Ultimatum. This time, I was torn between 赤壁 and The Dark Knight. Both had fantastic reviews, been on-screen for a long time and starting to get crappy timings. No interesting movie was going to be released.
After some consideration, breaking the drought is:

Chose it despite the fact that my brother has watched it already and I had not watched Batman Begins. Heath Ledger's death was not a reason.
Truly fantastic action movie! Scary joker! Cool Batmobile! Can I have one too?
Then I must watch Batman Begins too! Obtained a copy from a colleague. So Batman went to some high mountain in Tibet to learn Kungfu from 2 Japanese actors (please do not take this for real)... and they changed the love interest. Good move.
September
It is indeed true that September was a boring month. Seriously, nothing was worth going out of the house for. I let my sister have the tickets since I knew she wanted to watch 12 Lotus. It's a 七月 movie, now already September, must faster watch! Strangely, she wasn't kan jiong at all. I kept reminding her, like I was bugging her to watch the movie she wanted to watch. So weird right, so I decided to shut up... until the last week of the month because the tickets were going to expire. But by that time, 12 Lotus was long gone lah, so she went to watch:

OMG can't believe it. Ultimate waste. But well, it's free.
She found out that she could redeem 1 ticket at a time. I don't know what became of the other ticket.
Anyway, Moeny No Enough 2 became available for download shortly. Your typical Jack Neo movie, but now he's trying to include more and more CG which still has convention halls for improvement.
October
Headache! Like nothing worth stepping out of the house for again! I was waiting for Max Payne to open, but the reviews were dismal. Changed target to Burn After Reading, but my brother doesn't like all-talk-no-action movies and my sister didn't know what it was about. The response for Tropic Thunder was "huh you want to watch this kind of crap?".
There was only 1 choice left, but I had no idea what it is about, who acted (couldn't recognize the Japanese names, except for 常盘贵子) and couldn't really recognize their faces from that tiny GV poster. Heard a good review, so I went for it:

A.k.a. 20-Seiki Shônen
Only when the movie started then I realized the male lead was 唐沢寿明. Got 黑木曈, and many others who acted as kay-leh-fares in various doramas, also can say experienced lah, so I thought it wouldn't be very bad.
It's really not bad ley! It gave a dark meaning to "friend". It's long - 2hr 20min to make your money's worth. The actors spent time looking at one another with the huh-I-did-it-meh look, had flashbacks, which I suppose some people might find draggy, but I thought it's rather common in manga lah. It's been a long time since I watched a movie without reading up about it first, not knowing what to expect at all. So I was like DIAO when it was revealed that there would be a part 2 at the end. Sooo long, yet still got part 2! Power!
And that's not all! Still got part 3! Now I have embroiled myself into another trilogy.
November
While looking for my October movie, 007 was under Coming Soon, hence November's was a no-brainer:

Again, I went without knowing what to expect, but I was under the impression the catastrophe to avert was something nuclear this time. Alas, it was not, and the movie ended before I knew it - less than 2hrs.
Not so impressed.
December
No, there's NO December movie. With my monthly reminder, I couldn't possibly be late in sending my sms. Since November, the lousy system refused to respond promptly, so I bombed it every 10min. For November, I got my confirmation 40min later. This time, I got a response 1hr 20min later:
All movie tickets are fully redeemed for this month. Please visit www.hsbc.com.sg.hsbc.revolution from 15 Dec 08 for new promotions in 2009.
Boohoohoo! Cannot be lor! Somemore the responses for my subsequent bombing trickled in over the next 2hrs. CANNOT MAKE IT! KELONG!
The promotion for next year is less attractive. In order to enable more people to enjoy the privilege, it has been downgraded to 1 free ticket to first 1000, and have to buy 1 ticket to redeem. In other words, it has become a buy-1-get-1-free promotion :\
No comments:
Post a Comment