Saturday, August 02, 2008

Sotongs is Surrounded by Aunties

What can turn ladies and taitais into aunties?

SALES!

For unknown reasons, I assumed the Triumph Warehouse Sale would be an annual affair. I waited and waited, and finally got the news that it would be back from 1-3 August! The venue has changed to Chevron, which is near my workplace. I should rejoice, but I wouldn't elaborate on the reason for why I didn't feel so. Moreover, it meant my mother and sister would be unlikely to join in the madness.

Nevertheless. I shared the news with a colleague, who in turn broadcasted it (expected :P). She offered to help me buy, but I declined since the fun in a sale is to chiong and pick on your own!

On 1 August, the first day of the sale, the ladies in my office all chionged during lunch. I couldn't resist and asked them to help me get a design that I really really die die must get :P They all returned happy with their 战利品, but couldn't find what I wanted. Nevermind... :\ Some even went during office hours. All came back to describe the horrendous crowd, having to 捞鱼生 and emerging triumph with their desired design and size and comparing buys. And watching people who look so 斯文 morph into an auntie once inside the sale.

Went home and thought about it. Making a trip down specially on Saturday morning wasn't a hard decision to make. I would have to forgo some sleep, nobody would be with me to help me 捞, but it shouldn't be a problem if I reached earlier than opening time, grabbed and be off right away, right?

So I was there 30 minutes before the stipulated 10am opening. Dismayed to observe people sneaking into the sale and being sent out. The mass of people outside the door burgeoned as time went by. When the doors opened, people appeared from all corners of the building and streamed through it :O Waa jialat ah...

The operation of the sale was similar to last year. We were handed clear plastic bags, no bags allowed. The workers quite nice ley, asked me if I needed a chair. No need lah! How to chiong seated? :P I headed straight to the design I wanted, but don't have my size ley! So hard to 捞 myself also T_T. A sales assistant came to me to promote a type of panties called "Lilac" that prevents leaks during periods, going for 5 for $15. I was kind of looking for that, but it's low priority, so I asked her to help me find what I wanted. She directed me to a trolley that she thought was more worth it. Ehh the seamless T-shirt bra! Wa 3 for $30 only! So found some for me and went back to tend her Lilac trolley.

I tried to walk around a bit more, but found the place getting challenging. After my father finished his phone call, he was starting to look like the numerous bored-looking men standing at the perimeter. I've gotten the essentials I wanted, not worth to tire myself over optional items. Forget the panties, and looking at the Lilac! Bye!

Total damage: $30, but still happy :D

No comments: